Re: HTML Parser

henni wrote:

> I am totally confused by this library.
> Is it not possible, just to use the HTML-Parser Module to parse a simple
> text, if this text is saved in a simple C-String?
> Is it really not possible?
> I don't know what todo.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Thorsten

Hi,

Yes, this is possible. I'm not sure that my method is quite right, but it
works. You must make the following:

- create the appropriate callback functions (see for example showtags.c,
showlinks.c, showtext.c files from the library) and register they in the
libwww-core
- create new stream (say MyStream), that can parse the html-doc (I use the
function HTMLPresent(...) )
- then use the the method of this stream:
    (*MyStream->isa->put_block)(MyStream, buff, buff_len ),
where buff is your C-String, and buff_len is its length

Alex.