Re: multiple requests to a host?

At 17:12 12/07/1999 -0400, Lex Spoon wrote:

>I'm trying to get acquainted with libwww.  One question: how can I allow
>more than 1 connection to go to a server at one time?  Is this possible?
>
>It's not a big deal--in my most immediate application, requests should be
>somewhat infrequent anyway.  However, in my application, *all* requests will
>be going to the same server, and so it's being overly nice to the server to
>only allow one connection at a time.

Libwww is really designed to only have one connection but - if you are
using an HTTP/1.1 server I think you will find it likely that in fact using
one connection is faster then using multiple connections - you may want to
have a look at our paper on this:

	http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Performance/Pipeline.html

Henrik
--