Re: [Re: libwww and HTTP1.0]

Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your continious helping.

The reason for HTTP/1.0 is following.

I want to have an option to disable pipelining, and allow
to use several simultaneous sockets per one remote host.

In HTTP/1.1 mode libwww always opens no more than one connection per remote
host and (by default) pipelines the requests. With pipelining if the first
request in pipeline takes long time it delays others. All my requests result
in fact to calls of CGI scripts that takes awhile to execute.

Another reason that some of the Web servers doesn't support pipelining.
In that case HTTP/1.1 (without pipelining) more slow than HTTP/1.0.

Regards,
Mikhail

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> wrote:

Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I can't understand the behavior of libwww with HTTP/1.0.
> I set HTTP_FORCE_10 and Connection: close for each request.
> I issue several requests and they get stuck in libwww and
> After Filters are not called.

I haven't played with HTTP/1.0 mode for a long time - it was really just
a temporary solution until HTTP/1.1 was made more solid (and fast). Any
reason you can't jsut use HTTP/1.1?

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium