Re: Missing tags

---Reply to mail from Henrik Frystyk Nielsen about Missing tags

> At 11:53 1/21/99 -0800, Raffaele Sena wrote:
>>Here are a few changes (added BIG,DIV,MAP,SMALL,SPAN).
>
> Great - I have committed your patches - see
>
>     http://db.w3.org/Library/latest.sql

    Thanks!

>>Also, I'm playing with the HTML parser. I like a lot the new modular
>>interface, but I find there are a few things missing in order to make
>>it really usable (for example, if I don't update the HTMLPDTD object,
>>the only thing I get for unhandled tag is the tag name, with no
>>attributes.
>
> Yes, I think that would be a great addition.

    I'll try to do it when I have time. I was thinking on something
    like normalizing attribute names and values and put them, maybe
    sorted alphabetically in the value[] array as ATTRIBUTE=attrbute-value.

>>Also, it would be nice to have some callbacks on the
>>entities, or the possibility to install my own entities). Is there
>>anybody working on this kind of stuff ?
>
> You mean callbacks on known entities as well as unknown entities?

    Yeah. I needed to do something with known entities, and what I did
    now was to "manually" zero the 'number_of_entities' field, and then
    get all of them as "unknown" entities.

     /* Very dirty trick to catch the entities, since there are no callbacks */
        {
        SGML_dtd * dtd = HTML_dtd();
        dtd->number_of_entities = 0;
        }

    I don't know how many others would be interested in this kind of things.
    But maybe an interface that would allow to easily attach new entities
    and new tags to the current parser would help.

Thanks,
    Raffaele

Raffaele Sena
Senior Software Engineer ( "THE" Linux Guy :)
NuvoMedia, Inc.
310 Villa Street
Mt. View, CA 94041
Main:   +1.650.314.1200