More lib www statistics

> At 09:19 1/11/99 EST, Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:
> >
> >In my application I need to collect detailed statistics.
> >What is the best way of doing this with libwww?
> >
> >The application should dump statistics to a file including:
>
> Currently you can get some of them - especially the libwww robot uses these
> statistics and can log them in various ways, see
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/Robot/User/CommandLine.html
>
> The code for handling this in the robot is in
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/Robot/src/HTRobot.c
>
> >1.  number of active requests, pending requests
>
> This is not currently exposed but the number of issued requests vs number
> of finished requests can readily be obtained (the robot does this for
> example).

This could be solved with
HTNet_activeQueue,
HTNet_pendingQueue (but they are not implemented yet).  :(

> >2.  requests made (all, GET, POST),
> >3.  successful requests (all, GET, POST),
> >4.  timed-out requests
>
> The result of requests including whether they timed out are all passed to
> the after filters.

How can I detect within after filter that my request
has been timed out for following reasons:

1. request was sent by no reply was received,
2. the IP address could not be resolved from DNS within given timeout

> >5.  average response time,
>
> The request contains the time stamp for when it was started, see
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReq.html
>
> section "Date and Time Stamp when Request was Issued".
>
> >6.  average message sent size,
> >7.  bytes sent,  bytes received
>
> This can also be done in the after filter

The following functions don't work within HTNet After Filter
that handles request termination.

HTRequest_bytesRead
HTRequest_bytesWritten

HTRequest_bodyRead
HTRequest_bodyWritten

They always return -1.

> >8.  DNS unresolved requests
>
> The request will then terminate in an error and the after filter will be
> called.
>
> Henrik
> --
> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,