Re: HTRequest_setProxy

At 19:43 23/06/1999 -0400, Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to use HTRequest_setProxy. My network doesn't have DNS
>server.
>The requests terminate with status 906 - 'host not found'. The trace log
>shows
>that libwww is trying to resolve host name and calls gethostbyname for
>the
>host specified in the request URL. It shouldn't do this since I specify
>the proxy using IP address
>and the IP address of the host in URL will be resolved by proxy.
>Everithing worked fine when I used HTProxy_add. Is it possible that
>LibWWW logic
>for per request basis proxies is wrong?

In the Host manager:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTHost.html

it should look for the proxy in HTHost_newWParse() and loop that up instead
of the original host. One problem may be that you should also set the
HTRequest_setFullURI() to YES - this is currently done in the proxy before
filter in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTFilter.html

Can you see what happens there?

Henrik