Re: Chunks and HText Callback problems

Lucio Torre wrote:

> I have been tinkering with the showtext sample and made some changes. in
> the text callback i added a htchunk_putb, that writes to the chunk i
> created with loadtochunk and stored in the anchor w/setDocument.

You can't both write to the HTML parser and use load to chunk at the
same time unless you use a Tee stream [1], part of the Stream package
[2]. The two streams can't be cascaded as they really are "terminating"
streams - one converts the stream into callbacks (the HText interface)
and the other converts the stream into a memory object (the HTChunk).

What you can do is to create a HTChunk object when you are called when
HTML parsing is about to start [3], for example. Then you can write to
it as you feel like in any of the other HText callbacks.

> Then i registered a termination funcion that deletes things.
>
> The problem i have is that if i delete the chunk i added after
> termination, new data comes in (dont ask me why, an enter ive seen), and
> i get segfault.
>
> The problem is that if i dont delete the chunk memory grows over time.
>
> I had a similar problem while deleting anchors. so i didnt do it
> anymore, and theres no memory growing. so its ok.

You shouldn't actually delete anchors unless you really have to - they
contain a lot of useful information about the whereabouts of the
application.

> And about versions. i ahve the latest tarball... i didnt checkout the
> latets version from the cvs because it was not up... i tried looking at
> the recent changes but the msql server was down so i couldnt find out if
> this was fixed.

It should be up now.

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTTee.html