RE: Multiple POSTs

At 12:11 12/16/98 -0600, olga wrote:
>> I have added a (quick) and small event loop sample app which you can get
>> at
>>
>>       http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/eventloop.c
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>it answers "URL not found"

is there now.

>I guess my major question was do I have to write the server as a separate
>executable from the rest of the application? Is there a way to avoid this
if I
>want to use mixed GET, POST, PUT request comming from the client in
unpredicted
>order at unpredicted times?

Yes, you can do this in the same libwww app. If the server triggers the
requests then the event loop sample is a good starting point - change the
stdin call with a server handler.

If they are triggered by something else then you need a mechanism for
catching these events. Web commander shows how this can be done, for
example, using windows events to catch mouse clicks etc.

Henrik

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium