Re: Postform & Redirect

At 14:43 12/13/98 -0500, Yue Dong wrote:

>I think you misunderstand my requirement. Let me clarify it. Suppose we
>have two servers:
>
>   Server1.mycompany.com And
>   Server2.mycompany.com

Ah - you are not talking about HTTP style redirection but behind the scenes
forwarding of a request from server1 to server2.

>Clients always contract Server1 for authentication. After checking the
>clients is valid users, the Serve1 will *Redirect* to Server2 AND pass
>another system password to Server2.

Hmm, maybe not - if you are talking about an HTTP redirect then postform
will handle this. If not then I still don't understand.

>   we could get reponse from Server2, but the current is unfortunately in
>Server1 (we wish in Server2). What we expect is to let clients to directly
>contract the Server2 not through Server1, at this moment.

I am sure I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you please
clarify? Maybe what you want is to let all requests go to server2 and have
a CGI script there talk to server1 to see if the user is authenticated?

That is, put server2 in the HTML form and have the CGI script with the
postform program running on server2 posting data to server1?

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium