Re: Tcl/tk webbot interface (was: Feeding the webbot with a list of addresses to check)

>At 13:11 10/1/98 +0200, Carsten Heyl wrote:
>
>>I think you may get cooler if adding tcl support to
>>do this kind of thing and a lot more.
>>What do you think? (Or is that already done and I missed it?)
>
>What if I say that I have actually have a Tcl/Tk interface to the webbot

Oh yeahhhh, you're so cool ... :-)

>that although somewhat old may still be a good starting point.
>
>You can find it at
>
>	http://www.w3.org/Robot/tcl/
>
>linked from
>
>	http://www.w3.org/Robot/
>
>Maybe you and a couple of other libwww people would be interested in
>checking this out and improving it?

Sorry, but as I wrote before I won't have the time.
But thinking about my experiences with tcl I want to
encourage people interested in enhancing webbot to take a look
at this. I found it really astounding how easy tcl integration
is and how it changed the way I looked at my programming
problems. Using tcl to build the higher level control structure
was a big win.

>Henrik
>--
>Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
>World Wide Web Consortium
>http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk

Ciao,
	Carsten Heyl

  Carsten Heyl                          Heyl@NADS.De
                                        NADS - Advertising on Nets
  NADS GmbH                             http://www.nads.de/
  Otto-Hahn-Str. 18                     http://www.pixelboxx.de/
D-44227 Dortmund                        Tel.: +49 231 975 123-0