Re: Connection time-out when running libapp_4 example.

At 15:19 8/4/98 +0200, François VILMAIN wrote:

>I'm using libwww in the following development environment : Visual C++ 4.1
>
>I'm compiling the example application using :
_DEBUG,_WIN32,_WINSOCKAPI,_CONSOLE,WWW_WIN_ASYNC
>I'm compiling the library using : WWW_WIN_DLL,WWW_WIN_ASYNC,WIN32,_WINDOWS
>
>Within the given libapp_4.c source file I added a call to HTEventInit in
order to perform the WSAStartup and to
>HTTrace_setCallback to write the execution trace to a file.

I think you are better off using the preemptive version which uses Windows
events. That is what I am using in the Web Commander and it seems to work
great:

	http://www.w3.org/WinCom/

You can also try the preemptive version of libapp_4.c which is available as

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/LoadToFile.c

Linked from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/

This should do what you are trying to do.

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium