Re: Arena 0.3.61

> I send this reply to the <www-lib@w3.org> list as well for any comments.
>
> At 13:20 03/31/98 -0500, William L. Sebok wrote:
> >From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> said:
> >> 1) I still have to define HAVE_CONFIG_H by hand in order to compile arena.
> >> The libwww sysdep.h only includes config.h if HAVE_CONFIG_H is defined.
> >
> >This is a comment about libwww: It seems to me that the names sysdep.h and
> >config.h are rather general to be present in a public include area, i.e. they
> >are quite likely to tromp on other sysdep.h and config.h files which might
> >be present.  Wouldn't it be better if they were WWWsysdep.h and WWWconfig.h?
>
> Good point - I have never seen include files called "sysdep.h" but
> "config.h" is definitely a common thing. config.h is only included in
>
> 	./Library/src/sysdep.h
> 	./Library/src/windows/config.h
>
> so it is probably the easiest to change to "wwwconf.h".
>
> Would anybody object against this change?

sysdep.h is also present in $(includedir)/w3c-libwww and is called from other
files that were placed in that directory (all of them it looks like) and it is
also very likely to collide with other files named sysdep.h.  Therefore I think
sysdep.h should also have its name changed.

Bill Sebok      Computer Software Manager, Univ. of Maryland, Astronomy
	Internet: wls@astro.umd.edu	URL: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/