Re: confirmation on ECONNRESET

At 15:52 5/27/98 +1200, Scott Cooper wrote:
>hello, i have a quick question:
>
>what do you do when you get a ECONNRESET when reading from your http server
>socket?
>
>if the correct answer is 'kill the request, close the socket, forget about
>it' then i'll be happy.

It depends - if pipelining requests then libwww recovers the connection.
Otherwise, it closes the connection. You can find the descriptions in the
implementations of

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReader.html
	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTWriter.html

>but why would 5% of my requests suffer this fate during header reading, but
>less than .5% during the (much longer?) post reading phase (for the simple
>case of an http 1.0 server reading headers, thinking about it, then sending
>data).

I am not quite sure what you mean by this - do you have some traces?

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium