Re: authentication

At 12:15 5/26/98 -0500, Matt Bohnsack wrote:
>Hello, I am trying to create a web client that stores basic authentication
>information for each realm it visits.  When I run the following chuck of
>code...

>The '(RETURN for [user1])' seems to say that user/password for realm host1
>is being stored somewhere.

>How do I make the client send the user/password pair previously entered
>for realm host1?  It is possible to do this for as many realms as the
>client visits?  thanks - matt

Yes, it is - all authentication information for a host:port is stored in
what I call a URI tree - it's a tree like structure that can be searched in
some rather simple ways.

You can have as many URI trees as you like. You can find the basic
authentication code in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTAAUtil.html

The client interactions are implemented as filters - one before and one
after filter, you can find the code described in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTAABrow.html

The filters are registered when you create a profile or you can register
themselves if you want to do your own profile of libwww. There can of
course be as many filters as you like as well, see

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTFilter.html

for the existing set and

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTNet.html

for how to register them.