Re: libwww

At 02:32 5/4/98 -0400, Erwin Liemburg wrote:

>We are two students working on a project. This project involves a browser
which
>can read HTML-files from disk and display them on screen.
>When we searched the internet for examples, we found the sources and
libraries
>of libwww.
>We have read the documentation, but we can't find exactly what we want. We
also
>read the file 'Getting started'. This helped us a little. At the end of this
>document is refered to the next chapters. We couldn't find them on the
w3-site.

>The problem that we are having at the moment is that we can load the files
(from
>the document 'Getting started'), but we have a problem showing the loaded
file.

If you want to show the file as "parsed HTML" then you can use the line
mode browser which has a very simple HTML presentation widget.

If you want to handle the HTML using some other parser then you need to
register that parser so that it gets the data from the libwww. This is
exactly the same as the line mode browser does so you can see how this is
done there (it's all in the file "LineMode/src/HTBrowse.c").

If you just want to down load the file but not parse it then you can use
the command line tool which does exactly that. The only difference between
the line mode browser and the command line tool is that the former has an
HTML parser whereas the latter doesn't.

Thanks,

Henrik
--