Re: W3C Lib on the MAC.

At 1:31 PM 3/25/96, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
>Thanh Nguyen writes:
>
>> Have anyone successfully have W3C lib compile and work correctly on the Mac
>> (using Metrowrek GUSI) ?
>>
>> I have tried to use W3C lib to just downloading the content of URL down to
>> local machine but...so far, it doesn't work yet.  After tracing through, I
>> found out that at the time NETREAD(...) is called, there is no data coming
>> down at all.  The return code is -1 which means "GENERIC ERROR".  I am
>> trying to figure out what went wrong.
>
>That doesn't sound right. I am far from a Mac expert, so I can give little
>specific help. However, have you tried to have a look at the patches the Jeff
>Dripps <freesoft@ccia.ccia.com> sent to the list some time ago? You can find
>them at
>
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/msg00544.html
>
>I hope this will help you.
>

>--
>
>Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, <frystyk@w3.org>
>World-Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356
>545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139, USA

It sure doesn't sound right.  That is why I am trying to find out what went
wrong.  I have incorporated all the changes (the "LIBRARY CHANGES" part
only because I don't think I need to change the server side for what I
need) that Jeff Dripps has forward to me.  I even have the changes that he
made in the GUSI too.  I used to have error 29992 which means the socket
has closed before I even have a change to read it.  After adding his
changes in the GUSI, I have error -1 instead.

I have checked the calls along the way before getting to NETREAD, they all
return HT_OK.  I checked the int socket(...) call  and HTDoConnect(...)
too. They all return OK.  I also checked the parameters at the time
NETREAD(...) is called.  The isoc->sockfd = 0 (created by socket(...) )
before the NETREAD(..). And, the isoc->buffer is empty after the
NETREAD(...).

Obviously it doesn't sound right.  I will spend more time to walk through
the code again hoping to spot what went wrong.  In the meantime, I
appreciate and welcome any feedback from audience out there.  Thanks.

Thanh.