Re: ??

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> Jiang Tao writes:
>
> > If only the lib is written with c++!!
> >
> > Provided an opportunity, I will like to rewrite the lib with
> > c++ (I am seriouly) .
>
> I am very intersted in this - do you have some pointers for this?
>
> Let me know!
>
> --
>
> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, <frystyk@w3.org>
> World-Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356
> 545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139, USA

I think we should provide the programers with web class lib,
which is just like MFC. It seems to me that current w3c lib
isn't similiar to ordinary lib, as it not only provide normal
functions, but also a kind of architecture, in which all the data
streams are hiden. So if we want to use  w3c lib, we have to use this
architecture. It is inconvinent and not fexible for the programers.
If the lib is provided with class lib, things will be completely
different, as C++ have many advantages over C. For example, if
programers doesn't feel convinient to use some functions, he can
simply write a new function to overload it without touching the lib
itself, and it is easier to maintain the whole lib.

--
Tao Jiang     Visiting Scientist, CECI, MIT
email:   jiangt@ceci.mit.edu    URL:  http://ceci.mit.edu/staff/jiangt/