Re: a question

Jiang Tao writes:
> I have noticed that w3c httpd doesn't run on windows:
> http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/User/Platform/Windows.html

W3C httpd or CERN httpd is a full featured HTTP server which you can find at

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Daemon/

However, we are not really maintaining it anymore as Anselm Baird-Smith has
started work on a next generation server. The CERN httpd is very unix specific
and will not run on NT.

> Does that mean it will be difficult for me to
> develope a http server on windows (NT) with
> w3c lib?

The main purpose of the new Mini Server is to show that the Library indeed can
be used for writing servers - also for NT. As you all know, the server is
_not_ full featured, but the latest version that we announced a couple of days
ago can work as a proxy (and possibly as a normal server).

This new server model is very fast and very portable - but again - not
complete, but I am very interested if you would like to have a look at it.

As notmal, you can get the full distribution from

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Distribution.html