Some bugs/issues with 4.1b1
Here are a few things I've encountered using the 4.1b1 release of the
In HTStreamStack, if the input and output formats are the same and there's
no output stream, it returns an error stream. I believe it makes more
sense to return HTBlackHole(), since it isn't really an error. [This
situation arose from doing a HEAD operation, with rfc822 as the
In HTMIME_putblock, the last character of the header gets treated as data
(someone else already reported this, I believe). Also, the code at the end
behaves badly if there is no target (which happens if there's no
content-type field). I suggest adding "if (l > 0 && !me->target) return
HT_ERROR;" before the "put the rest down the stream" code, and checking for
l>0 before calling put_block on the target. [This situation arose when a
server treated HEAD as if it were GET.]
In the HTNet delete_object routine, the HTChannel_downSemaphore call should
come before the HTChannel_delete, or else the delete won't delete the
channel. I found I was not reusing sockets because of this.
In HTReader.c, the definition of _HTInputStream doesn't match the
definition in HTANSI.c. The "FILE *fp" field is missing. I'm not sure if
this is a real bug or not, but I think it is, and it certainly confused my
In HTRules.c, the last line doesn't get parsed. I added
"HTRule_parseLine(rules, HTChunk_data(me->buffer));" to HTRule_free to
process the remaining data.
I hope this input is useful.
Apple Research Laboratories