Re: how to put Jigsaw behind a proxy?

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Martin Laurent wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I want to know if it is possible to put the HTTP server Jigsaw behind a
> proxy?
> I think that it is possible but I really don't know where and how I must
> write the parameters of this Proxy so that Jigsaw may use it.

Laurent, what do you mean by "behind a proxy"? Have Jigsaw's client stack
use a proxy to go out when needed?

net <-> Jigsaw -
  ^             |
  |proxy  <-----

Or just
net <-> proxy <-> Jigsaw ?

In the second case, there is not much to do, as Jigsaw has a "passive"
role of only answering requests, in the first one, you can either specify
on the java command line -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy
-DproxyPort=myport
Or in the Proxy properties in jigadmin.
Hope this helps,

--