From: Yves Lafon [mailto:ylafon@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 8:01 AM
To: Laird, Brian
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org; Hady, Jeff; Michalak, Michael; Ying, Christy; Mrozinski, Ken; Arora, Pankaj; NextGen
Subject: Re: Possible problem in the HttpMessage class

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Laird, Brian wrote:

> Description
>
> We are using mirror frames to proxy a websphere server.  Our problem is
> as followings: WebSphere would send back 2 Set-Cookie headers, one is
> the LptaToken (which is quite long) and the second is JSESSIONID.  When
> jigsaw was done proxying the request those 2 headers which were combined
> into one Set-Cookie header with the 2 cookie values separated by a
> comma.  I think this is considered to be o.k. from the HTTP protocol
> standpoint, but both IE 6.0 and Netscape 4.7 didn't like it.  Both
> browsers would acknowledge that the cookie had been received but they
> would not send it back in subsequent requests.  I know they acknowledged
> or read the cookie because we had turned on prompting for all cookies.

Can you try with Jigsaw 2.2.3? I ran into that issue earlier and fixed it.
The current code in HttpMessage looks like:
 if (v instanceof HttpSetCookieList) {
		// ugly hack :(
		HttpSetCookieList hscl = (HttpSetCookieList) v;
		if (hscl.isOriginal()) {
		    int nbc = hscl.length();
              [...]
		} else {
		    int rcs = hscl.copyLength();
		    for (int j = 0 ; j < rcs ; j++) {
			out.write(d.getTitle());
			out.write(':'); out.write(' ');
			hscl.emitCopyCookie(out, j);
			out.write('\r'); out.write('\n');
		    }
		}
The HttpSetCookieList class has been also modified to keep a copy the
Set-Cookies headers "as-is".
If it is still problematic in your specific case, I'll take a closer look
at it.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C

This e-mail and any accompanying documents or files contain information that is the
property of Perseco, that is intended solely for those to whom this e-mail is addressed
(i.e., those identified in the "To" and "Cc" boxes), and that is confidential, proprietary,
and/or privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any viewing, use, disclosure, forwarding, copying, or distribution of any of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal sanctions.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of any unintended
recipients, and delete the e-mail, all attachments, and all copies of both from your system.

While we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachments to this e-mail
have been swept for viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a
result of software viruses.