resetting the root

Currently the http server's default page is set to overview.html.

Where are the instructions to set the default/home page from overview.html
to say HelloWorld.class which is the sample servlet.

The tutorials provided for other facilities are fine except
for what I am interested in.
For example step by step instuctions for creating servlets
are quite good.

The effect I am after is that when the user puts the root url
in the browser it should display the contents of the HelloWorld Servlet
and the message "Jigsaws : Hello World".

This message being the return string of the over ridden doGet method of
HttpServlet.class  which in the servlet is subclassed  by helloWorld.class.

In essence I wish to override the root url from overview.html to
HelloWorld.class
which I hope is some where in the configuration.

Although I can do what I want by using a forwarding tag in an html page I
prefer to do
it by  re-configuring the http server.

Regards,
Zahid R.