Re: Socket error with CGI(Perl)Frame

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 Takakido@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to migrate current apache server to jigsaw with using
> vertical host and CGI(Perl).
>
> Now, accessing to jigsaw via internet is fine and working CGI(Perl) for
> BBS. However, Mail Form by Perl5 does not work by error of Socket
> creation on Perl5. The Mail Form worked fine on apache and same Perl5,
> but not yet on Jigsaw..
>
> I does not use any wrapper for GCI beacue other CGI wokrs and only
> problem is SOCKET CREATON.
>
> Any hints for this problem?

Several things may happen:
1/ lack of sockets, increase the file descriptor limit when starting
2/ something lacking in the env parameters of the perl script, in that
   case it can be changed in the CGI frame configuration.
Of course having more information about the problem, the trace, the
environment and configuration would help.
Thanks!

--
Yves Lafon - W3C