Re: Chunk encoding

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Trung Nguyen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a question regarding chunk encoding.
> My question is how to make jigsaw react on an
> url ( example: /chunkencoding) and chunk encode
> a fil ( any type of file, be it a picture ) and
> gives this to the client.
> I need  some tips and clue how to
> implement this in jigsaw..

Chunked Encoding is only used when there is no way to figure out the size
of the body sent.
However, there is a way to cheat here, by adding a HeaderFilter and
changing the size of Content-Length to -1, that way, jigsaw will chunk the
reply.
But note that it will work ONLY for HTTP/1.1 clients, and not HTTP/1.0.
for HTTP/1.0 the connection will simply be cut off at the end but there
will be no guarantee for the client that the body is complete.
So use at you own risk ;)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C