Re: using Tomcat's Jsp-Engine from other web-server (Jigsaw)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 Christian.Schildt@Elaxy.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the Tomcat's Jsp-engine from other web server Jigsaw. In
> the manual of the Jigsaw is said that I have to redirect *.jsp requests to
> the according servlet. I redirect to JspServlet.class. The redirection
> functions but the servlet does not work (jsp is not compiled and not
> executed).

The setup I have:
in /servlet/
I have jakarta-jsp
ServletWrapper
    ServletWrapperFrame

Arguments of the servlet wrapper:
class: org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet
servlet parameters: keepgenerated true
                    SendErrToClient true
                    scratchdir /tmp
The latter one imply that I am using Unix ;)

In the default indexer, I have this:
jsp
FileResource
   ServletMapperFrame

parameter of ServletMapperFrame
servlet-url /servlet/jakarta-jsp

You need to have jasper.jar and tools.jar (from the jdk) in your classpath

Note that if your jsp are already indexed, you have to delete them.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C