Re: about error

servlet.jar does indeed contain the missing class so
you have failed to provide the correct classpath.

sh scripts/jigsaw.sh works fine for me on Linux with no edits.

Try putting "echo $CLASSPATH" before the jigsaw.

If you use microsoft technology, read up on batch files and
especially note the
too-small default shell environment variable space size
and work out how to increase it.

> Rolf Fredi Molz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When I was testing a servlet  with the Jigsaw server it informed an
> error.
> I have the servlet.jar at the Jigsaw's CLASSPATH.
> I don't understand why this error.
>
> Thanks for any contribution,
>

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
>         at
> com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser.<init>(MultipartParser.
> java:103)
>         at
> com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser.<init>(MultipartParser.
> java:83)
>         at
> com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest.<init>(MultipartRequest.java:117
> )
>         at UploadTest.doPost(UploadTest.java:23)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:747)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
>         at
> org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper$ServletRunner.run(ServletWrapper.java:290)
> PhD Student Rolf Fredi Molz
> UNISC - University of Santa Cruz do Sul - RS/ Brazil
> Phone: +55 (51) 717 7393
> E-mail : rolf@dinf.unisc.br

Christopher William Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/ "Serving fine Java
since 1996"