Re: Why does Jigsaw reply" HTTP 501 not implemented"?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Eyvind Almquist wrote:

> Calls are made from  servlet-generated HTML to static HTML-files with applets.
> The calls to the same page works sometimes but sometimes not .
> Then the result is an error-page with the reply "HTTP 501 not implemented".

This reply is usually sent by a frame that don't implement a particular
method, as method handling is on a per-frame basis.
Ex: to handle POST you should use a frame that inherits from
PostableFrame, or handle it natively (like ServletWrapperFrame)

> Jigsaw webserver is running on port 8001 while Apache webserver is
> running on port 80. Could this cause the problem or do I need to
> change some settings in Jigsaw? Some of the calls from static
No it won't change, note that you can also have Jigsaw running on port 80
and if your machine have multiple IP you can have both servers sharing
port 80 on dirrefent IP.

> HTML-files to servlets also results in "internal server error" or
> white pages even if there is no errors in the Java-based application.
Do you have any trace on the server-side?
Can you start the server with -trace if not?

--
Yves Lafon - W3C