Re: Jigsaw on a RH7 & JDK 1.3.0.02

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Marc Leforestier wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a Red Hat 7, JDK 1.3 and Jigsaw 2.2.
> I would like to know if there are problems
> between these versions because I do not
> manage to launch Jigsaw :

> *** Warning : JigAdmin[2.2.0]: no logger specified, not logging.
> JigAdmin[2.2.0]: serving at http://promethee.aquitaine.iufm.fr:8009/
> javax/servlet/Servlet
> Context

You should have servlet.jar in your CLASSPATH, see scripts/jigsaw.sh in
the Jigsaw distribution for the minimum CLASSPATH required.
jdk1.3.0_02 is the minimum version that can work with a fair unmber of
threads, and because of the way the linux kernel implements threads, it is
impossible to run on port 80 and change UID to nobody (you can do this if
you use jdk1.2.2-007, in green thread mode).

Yves Lafon - W3C