Re: XML content filtering?

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Harry J. Foxwell wrote:

> I'm experimenting with programmable proxies that
> allow me to react to XML-tagged content, adding or modifying
> the content before it's rendered by the browser.  Is anyone
> doing something similar with Jigsaw??  I'm currently working
> with IBM's WBI (at http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/wbi/index.html ).

Jigsaw has a built-in API to do this kind of thing, it allows filtering
during lookup, before the processing and after the processing of the
request.

Also, the client stack has its own filter (ingoing, outgoing like the
"normal" server-side filters, and an exception filter. The later being
mainly used to do fallbacks).

See:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/design.html#lookup-algo
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/design.html#ingoing
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/writing-filters.html
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/Overview.html

And an example of client-side filter:
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.proxy.ProxyDispatcher,
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/org.w3c.www.protocol.http.proxy.ProxyDispatcher.html
With that, it should be "easy" to plug something to react to XML content.

Yves Lafon - W3C