Re: Mvoing Jigsaw to JAXP for XML parsing...

I would like the whole world to move toward
use of Java Web Start and JNLP definition files.
This has a language that allows defining various
application dependencies and classpaths and automatic
selection and installation
of matching JVMs (even betas) and required 3rd party extensions
(including native libs).
This is particularly nice when previously optional extensions
suddenly get bundled with the latest JDK etc.
JNLP files can reference other JNLP files so that it should
be possible to separate responsibilities for each extension
to an expert.

Installation and upgrades would be a simple matter of
one visit to the URL of a top level JNLP file ;-)

It is still bleeding edge technology in the area of security as
all jars usually need to be signed.
I have an Object Signing certificate and I would be prepared to
supply some signed component jars to solve security issues.

--
Christopher William Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/ "Serving fine Java
since 1996"