Re: bug candidate

Ok, I tested with your PathInfoTest servlet and your jsp
and it works fine, so I suggest that you download the latest
version (developpement release) at http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/
We made some changes and this seems to fix this problem.

Regards, Benoit.

Werner Hennrich wrote:

> Hi JigSaw fellows,
> it seems there is a candidate for a new bug in JigSaw.
>
> Wenn a servlet tries to forward to a jsp-page,
> the presence of a pathInfo in the servlet's url
> will make the forward fail:
>
> if request.pathInfo() != null
>         then getContext().getRequestDispatcher("url.jsp").forward(request,
> response) fails
> if pathInfo == null then the same forward workx.
>
> I've tried with three differnt implementations of the servlet-2.1 api, all
> with the same result: I tried Jigsaw's, gnuJSP's and SUNs.
>
> I wrote yo a small servlet with a jsp page to demonstrate it - that servlet
> accepts input from either the querystring or the pathInfo and then forwards
> to a jsp-page that displays the data and presents some links back to the
> servlet:
>
> public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
> response)
>     throws ServletException, IOException {
>
>   try {
>     String message = request.getPathInfo();
>     if (message==null) message = request.getParameter("msg");           // forward
> just works, wehn THIS happens
>     if (message!=null) message = message.toLowerCase();
>     tell(message);
>     if (message!=null) request.setAttribute("message", new String(message));
>     getServletContext()
>       .getRequestDispatcher(jspName)
>       .forward(request, response);
>   }
>   catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(System.out); }

> ----
>
> JigSaw: release 2.1.2
> gnuJSP: 1.0.1Pre1 - 21 Apr 2000
> JDK: java version "1.2.2" / Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-001, native threads,
> symcjit)
> Servlet-API: V2.1 - SUN's, Jigsaw's and gnuJSP's.
> OS: WinNT4/SP6

> ----
>
> thatz it!
> I hope, you can verify this behaivour on your environments.
>
> Thankx again for working on Jigsaw
> and all the best from Vienna, Austria.
>
> Werner

>                                Name: pathInfo_forward_bug.zip
>    pathInfo_forward_bug.zip    Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
>                            Encoding: base64

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer