Fwd: Re: servlet to C /C++ communication using JNI-UnSatisfiedlinkError

Happy Holiday's

In case this information is useful to somebody else...

Mike

Subject: Re: servlet to C /C++ communication using JNI-UnSatisfiedlinkError
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:58:08 -0600
From: Michael S. Zick <mszick@altavista.net>

Dear Sudhakar,
I have never tried a configuration like yours, but...

The first thing that comes to mind is, under Solaris 5.7,
your external C/C++ file is a dynamic library.

What you describe sounds as if, from with-in the running
JVM environment, either the JVM can't find the dynamic
library directory, the dynamic library loader, or the external
library (perhaps it really isn't in the library directory).

Perhaps you need the LD_LIBRARY environment variable set
(or whatever it is called under Sun 5.7).
Perhaps your dynamic library needs to be somewhere else, such
as one of the dynamic library locations the VM already knows about.

Whatever, I have a small JAVA class that will report on the JVM's
idea of the execution environment (the servlet's execution environment).
You can grab a copy from the link below, or I can e-mail you a copy.

http://sourceforge.net/snippet/detail.php?type=snippet&id=100412

Mike