Re: Authentication in Jigsaw

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, dcordobes wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I´m a teacher at the University of Cantabria in Spain and I have just
> installed Jigsaw, and due to the great amount of pupils I have it takes me a
> lot of time to write all the user names and password so they can access to
> the protected resources of the course I teach.
>
> I was wondering if were possible to import with an utilitie or an available
> PLUG-IN the some fields of a database and use it for that purpose.

With the new Acl api (See AclFilter [1] and an example with AclRealm [2]),
you can basically extract the auth information from whatever you want.
[1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Doc/Programmer/api/org/w3c/jigsaw/acl/AclFilter.html
[2] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Doc/Programmer/api/org/w3c/jigsaw/acl/AclRealm.html

Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP