RE: A hit Counter JigSaw 2.1.1

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Tyrrell, Jim wrote:

> What I mean by the last question.  I created a directory under the root
> directory in windows it was C:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw\WWW\Doc\Test.  It appeared that
> I was not able to get to that directory until I added a resource.  For
> whatever reason the problem I was having seems to have gone away.

Hum this is strange, every file or directory you add should be indexed
when you reach it (of course it won't be created in the admin directly,
you have to ask the server for it ie: try to browse it with a browser).

> Well I still have the issue of I may want to have Resources and Frames (I
> hope those are the right words) added to the directory I create.  The
> question is then... can I create a root directory (add Frames and Resources
> to it) and any then directories that are created under it will then inherit
> the configuration from the root directory?

The indexer is in charge of doing that, there are 2 or 3 options there, if
it is a container look at the definition in "directories" (it should be
container but I don't want to change as it would change people's habits)
for normal files it usually uses "extension", note that exact matching
names will be indexed first by "directories", like virtual resources doing
redirect explicit or internal, like for Icons.
Look at the indexer documentation.

> I will try your other fixes and let you know.  Well I created my file again
> using the JigAdmin tool and got the same [Unknown] response.
>
> Created a org.w3c.tools.resources.FileResource
> Added a frame org.w3c.jigsaw.ssi.SSIFrame
> added a frame org.w3c.jigsaw.filters.CounterFilter
>
> Do I need to restart the server?  If I do it appears that all configuration
> information is lost when I stop and start the server.  I hit the save button
> on the JigAdmin tool and nothing appears to be saved.  Any thoughts.

No need to restart the server, I attached the configuration I made for the
SSI attached (it was named "foo" when I tested). And it works well.
Hitting "save" should work, are you using jigadmin or jigadm? (the
snapshot is using jigadmin). Under jigadm you should hit the "right" save
button, in JigAdmin, doing a save in the admin server will save
everything.