[Fwd: SSI Includes inconsistent?]

Sorry, not sure if this ever made it to the list or not...

-- mike

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Michael Crowl <octopus@serv.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:12:09 -0700
  • Subject: SSI Includes inconsistent?
  • To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I searched the mail archives for anything related to this problem, but
found nothing.

I'm using Jigsaw 2.0.4 on Win95, working on *.shtml files with SSI
virtual include directives.  The includes only link to static .html
files, no JSP, no servlets, no CGI.

For some reason, includes only work EVERY OTHER REQUEST of the page.
I.E., on the first request of a document, only the content between the
includes will appear in the browser.  If I look at the source code
Jigsaw generated, the spots where the includes were are just blank.
However, if I reload the document in the browser, all the includes pop
in.  If I reload again, they disappear.  And so on and so on.

Very strange.  Has anyone else experienced this?  And if not, Benoit or
Yves, if you have any idea as to why Jigsaw might do this, it would help
me out alot.

Thanks,

Mike