Re: executing JSP file in PassDirectory

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, TK Sung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A jigsaw newbie here.  I'm having a problem making gnujsp10 wotk with
> a PassDirectory resource.  Opening an HTML file works fine in
> PassDirectory, but opening jsp file results in "... file not found".
> I'm guessing that JspServlet is trying to open a file in the directory
> specified in URL, rather than target directory of PassDirectory.

There were some bugs when a PassDirectory was in the middle of the way,
you may upgrade the jar of Jigsaw using the latest devel release ones.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/20000419/
if you were using Jigsaw 2.0.x (and you should then get servlet.jar from
tomcat, as it is servlet2.2 compliant now)
of http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/20000419/ if you were running
Jigsaw 2.1 (2.1.1 comes with servlet2.2 jar)

> I searched archive and saw an article about "jspindexer", I sort of
> tried it with no luck. Now I get "ClientException [...] null" in the
> log file, and nothing is returned to the browser.  (I wasn't even sure
> if jspindexer applies to my situation).  Can somebody point me to a
> solution?

There is a configuration howto in GNUJsp.
See http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jsp.html and
http://www.klomp.org/gnujsp/INSTALL.jigsaw