Re: 504 error from proxy

Yves Lafon wrote:

> Yes it looks like a cgi script or some active content wrongly generated.
> It is now fixed, the parser is by default in "lenient" mode, as it should
> in an hostile environment ;)

Maybe there was a good reason why a more strict mode was used from the
beginning...
With the 20000324 classes I get a page that previously rendered a 504
error, now starting (rendered by the browser) with:

Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:16:06 GMT
Connection: close
Content-type = text/html

<HTML>

I guess it really should be up to site administrators to make their
pages viewable...
Still, I think it's better to be able to serve anything than nothing to
the client. Especially since browsers are more forgiving and hence show
the erroneously served pages. If the proxy just emits an error, users
might blame the proxy rather than the web site...

I'll report the errors to the webmaster in question.

Cheers
Niklas Wiberg