Re: Some other problems whit jsp

We made a lot of modifications and a lot of tests with Jsp Engines
(Gnujsp, jakarta, resin, sunjsp) and now these engines seems to work fine
with Jigsaw. So please check for the next developper release[1][2] at and tell
us if it works now.

[1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/
[2] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/

Regards, Benoit.

Massimiliano Tarquini wrote:

> I'm trying the SUN's jsp engine (Servlet 2.1 jsp 1.0) using Jigsaw 2.0.4 on a linux platform with JDK 1.2.2 final
> released from SUN.
> I've configured jigsaw using some old post by Yves on w3c site
> but now i have  another (<:o(() small problem.
> When i call a .jsp page from browser, JspServlet generate the exception:
> =============================================================================================
> Scratch dir for the JSP engine is: /opt/Jigsaw/jspsource
> IMPORTANT: Do not modify the generated servlets
> Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report sucherrors more gracefully
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.JspReader.popFile(JspReader.java:160)
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java:148)
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java:104)
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.JspReader.<init>(JspReader.java:173)
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.JspReader.createJspReader(JspReader.java:179)
>         at com.sun.jsp.compiler.Main.compile(Main.java:245)
>         at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:135)
>         at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspS
> ervlet.java:77)
> =================================================================================
>
> It seems that JspServlet doesn't find the .jsp or Jigsaw passes a wrong path to the file.
> <mypath>/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/jsp is the absolute path to my jsp repository
>
> NB. Creating  the directory resource for my "jspindexer" i set the pass-target field to
> <mypath>/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/jsp
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> --
> Massimiliano Tarquini
> E-Mail:tarquini@arcaweb.it

> "Se, in un primo momento, l'idea non è assurda, allora
> non c'è nessuna speranza che si realizzi".
>                                             A. Einstein

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer