Re: Servlet recompilation destroys configuration

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Vespe Savikko wrote:

> I may have expressed myself poorly. I haven't recompiled Jigsaw but the
> servlet. So everything was fine and working, then I modified the
> servlet and after that the constantly running Jigsaw forgot its
> configuration.
>
>   Also, if you restarted Jigsaw without the servlet.jar in your CLASSPATH,
>   or if you compiled it without it, then the servlet directory produced an
>   error and deleted itself.
>
> servlet.jar is in the CLASSPATH.

Hum, this is quite strange then, after a recompilation, the classloader
should have tried to reload it, and in that case, you may have had trouble
with the compilation, but it shouldn't remove the container, perhaps
something else happenned, if you shutdown the server while it was
synchronizing its stores... I have yet to see the shutdown hook working,
bur it requires a solaris jdk1.3 which is not yet available...