Re: Servlet recompilation destroys configuration

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Vespe Savikko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What could be a reason (and a possible remedy) for the following
> situation. I'm running Jigsaw 2.0.4 (and 2.0.1 before that if I
> remember correctly) with JSWDK 1.0.1. Everything has been
> working fine but I've created a new servlet today, got it working but
> after slight modification and recompiling the Jigsaw couldn't
> find the servlet anymore. And not just that but all the servlets
> have become inaccessible.
>
> It seems that Jigsaw has forgot its configuration. JigAdmin
> tells me that neither /servlet nor any of its subdirectories
> have any servlet-related frames, wrappers or indexers.

Did you recompile Jigsaw with the latest sources, or Jigsaw the 2.0.4
ones. 2.0.4 should be compiled against servlet-2.1 and the latest, against
servlet 2.2.
Also, if you restarted Jigsaw without the servlet.jar in your CLASSPATH,
or if you compiled it without it, then the servlet directory produced an
error and deleted itself.
Unless your modification intorduced an error that was catched by the same
hook, and removed this part of the configuration...
As the stores of 2.0.x are binary, there are no easy way to fix this once
it has been saved.