Re: 2.1 & jdk1.1

It's a known bug :( But it seems to be a JDK bug, the DnD Feature is not
yet reliable. Sometimes, depending on OS, JDK, and wind an InvalidDnDOperationException
is thrown (even if the operation is perfectly valid).

Regards, Benoit.

Santiago Gala wrote:

> Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Paul Lamb wrote:
> >
> > > I pulled the current sources from cvs and noticed that jigsaw's (the
> > > webserver, not jigAdmin) dependencies on jdk1.2 seems rather small--mainly
> > > File.getParentFile and File.listFiles. Is there something else that I've
> > > missed?
> >
> > There are also calls to Collections, ex: the XML serializer uses stacks...
> > Jigadmin uses dnd, but you can still use jigadm if you don't have a jdk1.2
> > handy.
> >

> BTW, I have tried a number of times to use the drag and drop feature in
> jigadmin, only to see the tool freezing (I had to CTRL-C to exit): I thought
> that was known as a bug. It happened to me both under Windows NT (jdk1.2.2) and
> Linux (jdk1.2.2/Blackdown).
>
> I just select a resource in the right windows, drag it with the mouse pressed,
> and try to release the button under some resource in the left hand window. The
> cursos changes to a drag and drop one, but when I release the button it does not
> come back and stays like this.
>
> Is somebody having the same problem?

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer