RE: jigsaw query

Yves and Milin,

The command interpreter under Win95, command.exe, may have too little space
for the environment variables you have defined.  I've forgotten what the
default is set at.
Here's a help listing for the command interpreter:

C:\WINNT\system32>command /?
Starts a new instance of the MS-DOS command interpreter.

COMMAND [[drive:]path] [device] [/E:nnnnn] [/P] [/C string] [/MSG]

  [drive:]path    Specifies the directory containing COMMAND.COM file.
  device          Specifies the device to use for command input and output.
  /E:nnnnn        Sets the initial environment size to nnnnn bytes.
  /P              Makes the new command interpreter permanent (can't exit).
  /C string       Carries out the command specified by string, and then
stops.
  /MSG            Specifies that all error messages be stored in memory. You
                  need to specify /P with this switch.

Notice the /E:nnnnn parameter.  Try starting a command shell with /E:32000,
run the install script, and see if it corrects the problem.

Best regards,
Tom
Tom Brooks
Senior Systems Architect