Re: Servlet initArgs incoporating spaces

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Problem:
>
> When setting up Servlets using the Jigsaw servlets.properties file,
> space is interpreted as a separator. This means that initArg values
> can't include spaces. You can set up initArgs with spaces through the
> jigadmin interface, but jigadmin is just too clumsy and cumbersome for
> setting up systems which have large numbers of servlets each with large
> numbers of initArgs.
>
> Is there any way in the servlet.properties file of delimiting or
> escaping initArgs to allow the inclusion of spaces? Here's an example of
> what I want from an Apache JServ servlet zone properties file:
>
> ----------------------------- cut here: example ------------------------
> servlet.locations.code=uk.co.weft.htform.List
> servlet.locations.initArgs=title=Locations,query_template=select * from
> location order by
> name,action_url=/deadskunk/location,action_field=location,link_field=name,can_add=Add
> a new LOCATION
> ----------------------------- cut here: example ------------------------
>
> --
> Simon Brooke, Technical Director, Weft Technology Ltd --
> http://www.weft.co.uk/
>
>         the weft is not just what binds the web: it is what makes it a web

 Ok, bug fixed, now the only separator is ','. Actually I didn't found any real
 specification of the servlet properties file.

 I just modify the line 50 of ServletPropertiesReader.java

    public static final String ARGS_SEPARATOR = " \n";

  is now:

    public static final String ARGS_SEPARATOR = ",";

 Please wait for the next maintenance release at http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer