Re: jigsaw upgrade help

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Stephen Wu wrote:

> Hi,
> Currently, we are using 2.0.3 and going to upgrade to 2.0.5,
> what needs to be done for the configuration ? is there any
> issues i need to be aware of (like indexing mechanism is
> different ?)  Please help.

The main difference between 2.0.3 and 2.0.5 is the servlet API level, you
should use the jar of servlet 2.2 API (of course it will run servlets made
with the previous one).
Everything else is just bug fixes and enhancements that are not related to
what was in 2.0.3, so upgrading shouldn't be a problem.
The indexing scheme with extension aggregation is already there in 2.0.3
and nothing has changed since.

> ps. between 2.1.2 and 2.0.5, which one is more tested and
> more stable ? we need to make the decision, thanks again.

I move more and more servers to 2.1 as I am becoming pretty confident in
its stability (ex jigsaw.w3.org is running 2.1.2) and all the stability
improvements that were not related to 2.1 only are backported to 2.0.
So for 2.0, the best is always to get the latest devel version
(http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/).
As I said when announcing 2.1.2, it should be close to 2.2.0, but I would
like test experience from other people before moving it to 2.2.0.