Re: jdbc access works but not from servlets in Jigsaw

Robert Futrelle wrote:

> If I do a standalone test for JDBC access of an Oracle DB, it works
> fine.  (Oracle 8.1.6, Oracle JDBC classes12.zip, java 1.2.1,
> jswdk-1.0.1 on Sun Solaris).  My servlets work fine under Jigsaw
> 2.0.1.  I include the Oracle JDBC classes12.zip in my java classpath
> when I start up Jigsaw.  But when I call my JDBC standalone test's
> main() from inside the servlet, I get an exception for ClassNotFound
> when it tries to find the Oracle driver, which of course it had no
> trouble finding when I called the same standalone test from the
> command line.
>
> The classpath changes were made in the scripts/jigsaw.sh file by
> adding both additional path components to the path specification,
> the servlet.jar and the classes12.zip.  I've proofread the paths
> carefully -- they're the same in the standalone test and servlet
> tests.

No, they aren't, otherwise your driver will be found. Trust me on this.
My solution is to hack the jigsaw.sh script to add the desired archives
to the classpath.

> Is there some other aspect of the installation process that I needed
> to do to configure Jigsaw properly to allow it to find the appropriate
> classes?

No.

> Is it necessary to recompile Jigsaw with the jdbc classes in the path?

No.

> Does the classpath order matter? ....

Yes, but not much, and in your case it isn't the problem.

--
Simon Brooke, Technical Director, Weft Technology Ltd --
http://www.weft.co.uk/

	the weft is not just what binds the web: it is what makes it a web