Re: Applets with Jigsaw 2.0

> Subject: Applets with Jigsaw 2.0
> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:01:17 -0500
> From: Steve Billington <Steve@FMICO.COM>
> To: "'jigsaw@w3.org'" <jigsaw@w3.org>
>
> I am trying to run and applet with Jigsaw 2.0 and I cannot get it to run
> within the html.
>

> 1. Which directory do I need to put the applet in.
>
> 2. Is there any documentation on using Applets with Jigsaw.
>
> 3. Is there a directory map of where I should put other types of files.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Steve

This should works in any directory, which version of Jigsaw are you using?

If for any reason your Jigsaw is not correctly configured, you'll need to configure
Jigsaw manually.

You can put your applets where you want, but the associate indexer (probably
the default indexer) must be correctly configured.
Setup your 'default' indexer to create a special resource with a content-type
set to 'application/octet-stream' for each file with a .class extension.

Please read the following pages for more details:

http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/mimetype.html
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/JigAdmin/indexers.html

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)