Re: Servlet Init parameters lost !

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Emmanuel JEGOU wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We just have installed the jigsaw server 2.0.1 running with JDK 1.2,
> JSDK 2.1 on a Linux OS.
> I am not an expert with jigadmin, so perhaps I do something wrong but
> when I try to run servlets from a browser it's ok the first time but
> when I indexe again the servlet directory with jigadmin the init
> parameters of all my servlets run away (but I don't know where :-().

When you do a change in the configuration, it is wise to save the
configuration, you can also do this using a cron (calling JigKill --save
[1]).
If you reindex a directory (using the reindex button) it will reset the
configuration to the one specified in the indexer as a default when
classes are the same (ie, if you changed the frame to use another frame,
it won't be changed). It is used to propagate changes, when you forgot to
set the right content-type and such things.

> Could you help me to save my init parameters ? I save configuration
> always I need but it doesn't work.

Also note that jdk1.2 on linux has some problems, you may try with IBM's
latest 1.1.8 jdk instead to run the server.
Regards,

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jigkill.html