Re: parent resource of mirrorFrame?

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Qiang Lv wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here are some questions about VirtualHost:
>
> 1. What is the parent resource of mirrorFrame? FramedResource? or
> something else? According to the online doc about VirtualHostFrame, it
> should be MirrorDirectory. But where is MirrorDirectory?

You probably read an old documentation, it should be on FramedResource, I
may update the reference documantation to make it clear :)

> 2. Suppose I configured a virtualHostResource named "virtual" with
> virtualHostFrame, and a passDirResouce named "sample" with httpFrame.
> Then , how can I name such a url: http://myoriginalhost/sample ??? or
> http://myoriginalhost/virtual/sample ???

http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/virtual-hosting.html

It is use to mimic the use of multiple servers on one machine, so if your
machine has two names (name1 and name2)
http://name1.foo.com/ will point to the root resource (followup of the
virtualhost resource) and http://name2.foo.com/ will point to your
mirrordir or your passdirectory or whatever.