Re: Jigsaw proxy - using protocol...

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Semuel Vomberg wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Yves Lafon wrote:
>
> > > is it right that the Jigsaw proxy is using the same HTTP protocol version
> > > to communicate with the server as the protocol that the client is using to
> > > access the proxy ?
> >
> > The Jigsaw client will try (if possible) to use HTTP/1.1 connections, as
> > this protocol is far better as HTTP/1.0 regarding cache semantics.
> > So if a client is sending an HTTP/1.0 request to a Jigsaw proxy, the
> > request issued by the proxy will be HTTP/1.1
>
> but if we look at HttpBasicServer class, at doRequest function, we'll find
> the line "switch (getRequestMode(request))" and from this I got my
> conclution. am I wrong ?

Well, the manager can perform HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 requests, the
ProxyFrame is responsible for the creation of that request, based on the
incoming request.
see org.w3c.jigsaw.proxy/ForwardFrame, the method is :

protected org.w3c.www.protocol.http.Request dupRequest(Request request)

And the request that will be sent is...
	req = manager.createRequest();
which is by default an HTTP/1.1 request.