Re: parameters to maximize performance on Jigsaw

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Ka Chan wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I am trying to figure out the configuration to run Jigsaw 2.0.3 on a
> 333 MHz-Ultra sparc III with 1 Gig of RAM. The best I
> could do was 93 hits per second with 210 clients. My configuration is
> set
> as follows:
>
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxFree=100
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxThreads=500
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.maxClients=500
>
>   I also set the max heap size to 1 Gig for running java cmd. This
> setting
> is a little behind when I run the same load with JWS. Does anyone know
> that Jigsaw runs faster or slower compared with JWS? Does anyone suggest
> other settings to make my Jigsaw webserver runs faster?

Performance tuning depends on a lot of things.
How your client behave, ie, is it reusing connections or not?
How many simultaneous connections you have as your maximum?
From that you should be able to update the parameters according to:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/loadsetting.html
If you have too many threads, the scheduler may have a hard time also.
Hope this helps,